Duties and Responsibilities
The Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) Council is a Statutory Board established under the TVET Council Act 1993-11 to co-ordinate and promote workforce development. The Council is also responsible for the management of the Employment and Training Fund (ETF) through which grants or loans are made for the support and provision of technical and vocational education and training (TVET).
The Council invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons for the position of Senior Technical Officer (Quality Assurance).
JOB TITLE: SENIOR TECHNICAL OFFICER (QUALITY ASSURANCE)
- The successful candidate will be responsible for the planning and implementation of quality assurance processes to ensure a credible internal and external assessment and certification process.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implements, monitors and updates quality assurance processes for National/Caribbean Vocational Qualifications (NCVQs) and other competency based qualifications.
- Determines the resource requirements for qualifications in terms of needs of candidates, methods of assessment and modes of delivery.
- Coordinates the external verification system to ensure that there is an appropriate level of verification conducted for each qualification area.
- Coordinates the design and implementation of approval processes for Centres
- Implements procedures for quality assurance of internal and external training and assessments managed by the TVET Council.
- Manages information and communication between the TVET Council and Centres delivering N/CVQs.
- Provides direct supervision and developmental support to the team with respect to all Quality Assurance Matters.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Post Graduate degree in Quality Assurance, Human Resource Development, Education Management or related discipline with not less than two (2) years’ experience in a registration, accreditation and/or quality assurance environment within a Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) Environment, or
- Degree in Quality Assurance, Human Resource Development, Education Management or related discipline with not less than three (3 years’ experience in a registration, accreditation and/or quality assurance environment within a Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) Environment
- CVQ Management Level 3
- Master Level Assessor Training
- Strong interpersonal relationship skills
- Research and analytical skills
- Computer literacy with knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Project management skills
Salary: Grade S7 of Government’s Salary Scale
All applications will be treated in confidence and should be accompanied by a Curriculum Vitae` and the names and addresses of two (2) referees. Applications should be addressed to:
Technical and Vocational Education and Training Council
Hastings House West
Closing date: February 12th, 2020
NB: UNSUITABLE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACKNOWLEDGED