The Technical and Vocational Education and Training Council's (TVETC) offices, located at Hastings House West, Balmoral Gap, Hastings, Christ Church, have reopened for business by appointment only.
The TVETC is encouraging clients and customers, wherever possible, to continue to conduct business with us electronically. However, the following protocols have been implemented for the safety of staff and any persons conducting business at our offices:
- Visits are by appointment ONLY
- Visitors will be required to do the following
- Wear a mask before entering the building
- Stand behind floor markers outside and inside the building
- Declare whether they are experiencing any flu-like symptoms including, cough, loss of smell, respiratory symptoms such as shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Declare whether they have been in close contact with someone who is displaying any of the aforementioned symptoms
- If visitors have any of the aforementioned symptoms, or, have been in contact with someone displaying these symptoms, TVETC staff will assist in the following ways
- Complete your transaction remotely using technology such as internet banking, email and telephone;
- Reschedule your appointment.
- Inside of the offices, visitors will be required to:
- Wear a face mask covering the nose and mouth
- Sanitize hands
- Complete a short questionnaire
- Have temperatures taken with a contact-less thermometer which allows the TVETC to determine whether visitors are cleared to remain in the building.
These protocols are subject to change on advice from the Ministry of Health and/or the Government of Barbados.
The following TVETC services will continue virtually where possible:
- Access to the Employment and Training Fund (ETF) – Please contact Mr. Matthew Greaves, Manager, Finance and Corporate Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com and Ms. Carol Ann Burke, Business Development Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com with any queries
- Provision of Technical Services
- Standards Development
- Curriculum Development
- External Verification – Review of Portfolios only
- Coordination of WorldSkills Barbados
The WorldSkills Barbados 2020 Competition which was scheduled to take place May 28th – 31st is postponed until further notice, however, preparation for the competition is continuing during the interim.
Queries to the TVET Council can be made at firstname.lastname@example.org, or email@example.com, or, by calling (246) 434-3790. In addition, queries on specific matters can be directed as follows:
Please check our website: www.tvetcouncil.com.bb for further updates.
The TVET Council thanks you the public for your continued patience and cooperation. (PR/TVET Council Barbados)