03/28/2020 01:50 PM
TVET Council Barbados Latest News
The Technical and Vocational Education and Training Council (TVETC) – TVET Council - has implemented the following changes as part of the Government’s response to Barbados reaching Stage 3 of the National Preparedness Plan for COVID-19.
During the next two weeks, March 30, 2020 – April 14, 2020, the TVET Council’s offices at Hastings House West, Balmoral Gap, Hastings, Christ Church will be closed but measures have been put in place for the work of the Council to continue virtually. These measures include:
- All meetings will be held virtually via platforms such as Zoom and Go-to-Meeting
- Staff will work remotely from home, where possible
- The following TVETC services will continue, virtually
- Access to the Employment and Training Fund (ETF) – Please contact Mr. Matthew Greaves, Manager, Finance and Corporate Services at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org, and, Ms. Carol Ann Burke, Business Development Officer at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org with any queries
- Provision of Technical Services
- Standards Development
- Curriculum Development
- External Verification – Review of Portfolios only
- Coordination of WorldSkills Barbados (WSB)
The WorldSkills Barbados 2020 Competition which was scheduled to take place May 28th – 31st has been postponed until further notice, however, preparation for the competition will continue during the interim.
Queries to the TVET Council can be made at email@example.com, in the first instance, or, (246) 434-3790. In addition, queries on specific matters can be directed as follows:
The TVET Council thanks you for your patience and cooperation. We wish you, your colleagues and families good health in the weeks and months ahead. (PR/TVET Council Barbados)