Who is the qualification for?
This qualification is for individuals working in the maintenance industry who wish to enhance their knowledge in the electrical installation field: for example:
This list is not exhaustive and only serves to illustrate the breadth of the qualification.
How is it structured?
To be awarded this Caribbean Vocational Qualification (CVQ), candidates must successfully complete all mandatory units. Elective units achieved will be awarded unit Statements of Competence.
What does it cover?
The mandatory units include:
- Disconnect and reconnect fixed wired electrical machinery, appliances and fixtures
- Install electrical/electronic apparatus, machinery, fixtures and secondary wiring
- Install distribution panels, metering sockets, terminal mains and meter earthing systems
- Locate and repair/rectifybasic electrical circuits and secondary wiring
The optional units include:
- Classifying engineering materials – (basic)
- Shut down/isolate machines/equipment
- Check/identify/isolate/rectify malfunctioning electrical machinery appliance and fixtures
- Install below ground communication cables
- Craft a personal entrepreneurial strategy
- Assist in the provision of on the job training