Who is the qualification for?
This qualification is for individuals working in the maintenance industry who wish to enhance their knowledge in the electrical installation field: for example:
This list is not exhaustive and only serves to illustrate the breadth of the qualification.
How is it structured?
To be awarded this Caribbean Vocational Qualification (CVQ), candidates must successfully complete all mandatory units. Elective units achieved will be awarded unit Statements of Competence.
What does it cover?
The mandatory units include
- Coordinate and manage basic installation projects
- Plan for wiring and installation of electrical/electronics machinery appliances and fixtures
- Maintain quality systems within a team
- Install distribution panels, metering sockets, terminal mains and meter earthing systems
- Coordinate the installation of electrical cable and accessories
- Coordinate the installation of electrical equipment, ancillary apparatus and secondary wiring
The optional units include:
- Attend to breakdowns in hazardous areas
- Coordinate the installation of substation plant apparatus
- Diagnose and repair faults in electrical equipment
- Coordinate and manage commissioning processes
- Crafta personal entrepreneurial strategy
- Assist in the provision of on the job training