Who is the qualification for?
This qualification is for individuals who desire to enhance their skills in planning and efficiently executing events: for example:
- Wedding/Party/Event Planners
- Public Relations Personnel
- Marketing Executives
This list is not exhaustive and only serves to illustrate the breadth of the qualification.
How is it structured?
To be awarded this Caribbean Vocational Qualification (CVQ), candidates must successfully complete all mandatory units. Elective units achieved will be awarded unit Statements of Competence.
What does it cover?
The mandatory units include:
- Coordinate human resources
- Demonstrate professionalism
- Develop event planning and management strategy
- Develop financial resources for an event
- Develop strategies to host media
- Develop public relations and publicity strategies
- Manage marketing materials
- Develop and manage a marketing plan
- Prepare quotations
- Promote an event
- Provide motivation to staff and volunteers
The optional units include:
- Use management skills to plan an event
- Manage event merchandise