Who is the qualification for?
This qualification is for individuals who desire to acquire basic business administration skills including operating a computer, handling documents and telephone calls and dealing with clients, to work effectively in a professional business environment, for example:
- Office Clerks
- Administrative Assistants
This list is not exhaustive and only serves to illustrate the breadth of the qualification.
How is it structured?
To be awarded this Caribbean Vocational Qualification (CVQ) candidates must successfully complete all mandatory units plus a minimum of two (2) Level One elective units and three (3) Level Two elective units.
What does it cover?
The mandatory units include:
- Deliver quality customer service
- Handle telephone calls
- Develop keyboarding skills
- Type and copy routine documents
- Receive visitors
- Locate and store files in a paper-based system
- Operate a personal computer
- Use business equipment
- Work effectively in a business environment
The optional units include:
- Prepare routine financial documents
- Provide information to clients
- Prepare and bank financial receipts
- Perform stock control procedures
- Organise the copying and collating of documents
- Process mail
- Perform cashiering
- Craft a personal entrepreneurial strategy