Who is the qualification for?
This qualification is for individuals who desire to enhance their security operation skills, including maintaining the security of premises and property, to work effectively in the security industry, for example:
- Security Guards/Officers
- Surveillance Officers
This list is not exhaustive and only serves to illustrate the breadth of the qualification.
How is it structured?
To be awarded this Caribbean Vocational Qualification (CVQ), candidates must successfully complete all mandatory units plus a minimum of two (2) Level One elective units and three (3) Level Two elective units.
What does it cover?
The mandatory units cover:
- Apply basic defensive techniques
- Apprehend and arrest offenders
- Control access to and exit from premises
- Control and direct crowds
- Employ batons and handcuffs
- Maintain the security of premises and property
- Manage intoxicated persons
- Observe and monitor people
- Operate basic security equipment
- Respond to security risk situations
- Screen baggage and people
- Conduct searches of individuals and property
- Carry out security post operations
The optional units cover:
- Handle canine for security patrol
- Operate a security vehicle
- Handle firearms
- Maintain prisoner security during escort