Who is the qualification for?
This qualification is for individuals who wish to enhance their effectiveness in the entertainment industry in the field of Live Sound Engineering. Individuals who undertake this qualification would be afforded the opportunity to develop skills such as setting up audio equipment and stage monitor systems at a live entertainment venue. Individuals who would benefit from this qualification include:
- Sound Technicians
- Theatrical Technicians
This list is not exhaustive and only serves to illustrate the breadth of the qualification.
How is it structured?
To be awarded this Caribbean Vocational Qualification (CVQ), candidates must successfully complete all mandatory units plus a minimum of two (2) Level One elective, units two (2) Level Two elective units and two (2) Level Three elective units.
What does it cover?
The mandatory units include:
- Maintain production equipment
- Handle physical elements safely during load in/load out
- Rig sound equipment
- Move and set up instruments and equipment
- Set up wireless audio equipment
- Set up stage monitor systems
- Set up and disassemble audio equipment
The optional units include:
- Operate staging elements
- Apply a general knowledge of theatrical rigging