Who is the qualification for?
This qualification is for individuals who wish to acquire basic training in the operation of rigging equipment. A rigger is a person who specializes in the lifting and moving of extremely large or heavy objects using equipment.
Individuals who would benefit from this qualification include:
- Rigging Technicians
- Construction Workers
- Crane/Forklift Operators
This list is not exhaustive and only serves to illustrate the breadth of the qualification.
How is it structured?
To be awarded this Caribbean Vocational Qualification (CVQ), candidates must successfully complete all mandatory units. Elective units achieved with the qualification will be awarded unit statement of competency.
What does it cover?
The mandatory units include:
- Perform manual handling and lifting
- Perform pre-rigging testing and inspection
- Perform basic rigging work
- Operate basic lifting and load shifting equipment
The optional units include:
- Perform daily operational maintenance of machines/equipment
- Assemble & disassemble scaffolding to enable access to the work area
- Perform basic dogging work
- Perform intermediate rigging work
- Rig and position fabrications – (steel sections)
- Rig and position fabrications (concrete sections)